Utah is a spectacular destination for a campervan road trip. From Salt Lake City to the scenic red rock formations, this state has everything to offer for a thrilling outdoor experience. But, with so much to see and do, it can be tough to decide what to pack for a campervan trip. To help make your journey a success, we’ve created a comprehensive packing list and tips to help you pack like a pro.
Essential Gear for a Campervan Trip in Utah
- Day pack & hydration pack: Be sure to bring a comfortable day pack that can hold plenty of water for your hiking adventures. You can never go wrong with a pack from Mountain Hardwear.
- First aid kit: It’s always best to be prepared for any emergency. A basic first-aid kit, including bandages, pain relievers, and any prescription medications you need, should always be in your campervan.
- Clothing: Pack layers of clothing, including warm jackets and rain gear. Also, pack comfortable shoes for hiking and exploring.
- Navigation and communication: Bring a GPS and a map of the area, and make sure your phone is fully charged when not in the campervan.
Entertainment & Comfort Items for a Campervan Trip in Utah
- Books and games: Bring a good book or two, or pack a few games to keep you entertained during your down time. Our favorite game right now is Wavelength.
- Camera: Don’t forget to bring a camera to capture all of the breathtaking moments on your trip. I love taking my Pentax K1000 everywhere i go!
- Headlamps and lanterns: These will be useful for camping at night and exploring after dark.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent: Protect your skin from the sun and insects while you’re exploring the great outdoors.
Tips for Planning a Campervan Trip in Utah
- Plan your route: Do some research and make a plan for your road trip, taking into account the places you want to visit and the scenic routes you want to take.
- Reserve campgrounds & hikes in advance: Campground spots can fill up quickly in popular areas, so it’s best to reserve a spot in advance. Also, some hikes such as Angels Landing now require a permit.
- Check weather conditions: Keep an eye on the weather forecast so you can pack accordingly.
- Respect the environment: Make sure to follow Leave No Trace principles and pack out all of your trash.
Q: What is the best time to take a campervan trip in Utah?
A: The best time to take a campervan trip in Utah depends on your personal preferences. However, the spring and fall seasons offer mild temperatures and stunning scenery. Summer can be hot, and winter can be cold and snowy, but both seasons have their own unique beauty and attractions.
Q: How much does it cost to rent a campervan in Salt Lake City?
A: The cost of renting a campervan in Salt Lake City can vary depending on the type of campervan, the rental company, and the time of year. On average, a basic campervan can cost anywhere from $50 to $200 per day.